Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mundane Matters

It is amazing the difference in the mundane depending on where you sit.

In Costa Rica a grasshopper sitting on the table is fascinating and beautiful and gets talked about (or at least blogged about).  In Toronto, the raccoon in the backyard is a menace you spray with the garden hose and prefer not to speak about.

The complications of work, the demands of family and the lack of time created by all this really does change your perspective.

When you have less demanding your attention, a grasshopper is worth contemplating!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dan and Lisle,
    I'm still new to this blogging thing and sent a return email back to you which went nowhere. After a few days, I figured out what I did. hahaha. Anyway, below is the email I tried to send you.
    Thanks for your comment! How did you ever find my blog??? Anyway, it's nice to "meet" you! I took a peek at your blog and ending up staying a LONG time--lots of great info. I can't seem to get enough of Costa Rica lately. So I'm guessing you are the Dan that just got elected to the BOD? Congrats! Are you in CR now or in Canada? Our next trip to Ojochal is planned in April and we will be bringing the family plus maybe an extra kid or two (friends of our older daughters). Looking forward to meeting you both in person.

    ReplyDelete