Thursday, August 16, 2018

Weather Station

OK, so I admit it! I am somewhat of a weather geek!

I have a weather station that measures, temperature, humidity, air pressure, wind speed and direction and rainfall.

I get a thrill knowing how much moisture fell from the sky, or just how hot it really is outside.  And I like sharing - it is connected to WeatherUnderground 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IOSA7

If you are interesting in weather in Ojochal!

Yesterday I was walking by the weather station and noticed wasps all around it.  EEWW!

Sprayed some water that a few came out and buzzed around. Took the unit down and noticed them crawling in and out of any hole that there was - - major blast with the hose - after about a minute, over 100 of them came out.  I set the unit aside while the water drained and I fought off the wasps with Baygon!

Finally wasp-free the weather station went back, but now it wasn't transmitting - can't track anything if it doesn't talk - - shake it, reset it, reset the receiver, wait, wait, wait, nothing.

Open up the unit - surprisingly simple inside - and wet - dry it off, and put it back together and back outside.  Still not connection.  After 6 hours, I order a new unit on Amazon.  10 days and I can geek out again!

At 4 pm today, went online to the Weather Underground to tell my hoards of followers (6) that the unit was toast.   Hmmm.  That is interesting - the site says the info was updated 15 seconds ago.  reset the display receiver and voila - data!  Damn and I have a new unit on the way.

Fortunately Amazon hadn't shipped so cancelled the order

I am back in business and bug free

Guess it just needed 24 hours to dry out in the tropical sun.


15 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
    upvc sliding doors
    top upvc windows manufacturers in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. keep posting. Information is really useful.
    Here are the links for best best property
    farm land for sale in hyderabad
    land for sale in adhibtla
    apartments for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days are widely preferred by many customers as they search for the best upvc window manufacturers that provide the best services. Thanks for posting such blog about upvc windows and doors windows.

    Spectrum upvc windows and doors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you looking for UPVC doors and windows in Delhi Then visit Spectrum upvc for more information

    ReplyDelete