Monday, September 6, 2010

Motivation


This picture sits in front of me in my office, and at my desk at home. 

In my office it sits below a poster of the new hospital we are building - a project I am responsible for.  Both are finished design, both are starting construction - the hospital will be another 5 years to completion - the house, another 7 months or so.

It is remarkable how guests to my office pass over the corporate image of the hospital and the messaging and say - Is that your house?  Which leads to a great conversation about Costa Rica and a life outside of work, and dreams for the future.

Every day, especially those days when you are sure the world has gone crazy - and there are many of those - I get to take a breath and visit Ojochal - sitting under a ceiling fan on the patio reading a book and listening to the sounds of the jungle.

Now that's motivation!  It will be even better when I can replace it with a photo of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment