Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 4

I forgot to take my pills the morning - nothing serious just blood pressure and vitamins - but that is a sure sign that the routines of Toronto life are fading fast.

Keith and Karen dropped by just as we were finishing breakfast to make sure we were settled and all was good with the world.  Karen sent a note on Monday that Keith and Jan were setting up the house - not really a guy thing.  I meant to note yesterday that while it wasn't as well staged as Sheila had arranged it was a very respectable job.  Good thing I didn't, as Karen noted that she and Sonya came by later and everything was wrong, and they had to rearrange the furniture. oh well I guess decorating isn't a guy thing here!

Condo gossip and local stories - a quick visit!

The setting up of the house continues - today is the alarm system. The suggestion was something to scare people away when the house isn't occupied - largely motion detectors to cover the obvious entry points and the back staircase.  Lisle ordered it online and we trucked the various bits and pieces down in our luggage.  very basic instructions - plug in the control panel - but batteries in the alarm sensors - and VOILA an alarm system - not quite - motion detectors dont seem to detect motion, Door sensors dont squak when opened - hmmm!  batteries in and out - replaced with new ones - shake it to see if that helps - - oh look, another piece of paper  "How to initialize the sensors with the control unit" - just like men - dont read the instructions!! Works like a charm - guess I feel safe now!

Lunch - email - some work stuff - a trip to Uvita for groceries - home just in time for the rain.

So says Lisle about 5:00pm - "Where's my iPhone?"  oh shit - not again!  Cupboards, drawers, pants, knapsacks, the car, the garbage, the car again - "I am sure you had it since we got home - what did you do?" - no help - 30 minutes later - "Oh here it is - I put it in the iPod dock on the stereo so I could listen to music and then got busy with the juice"   AAARRRGGG!!   at least it wasn't lost!

Just another day in paradise!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I got a good laugh from this because today I finally found my Mac mouse - and it was right where I put it when we left Finca Hueteres - in the side pocket of my computer case. For the last two days, I have gone through every piece of luggage we brought down here at least three times, including that blasted computer case, and that mouse never showed up until today.

    I think one has to settle down for a while after a big move.

    ReplyDelete