Saturday, July 7, 2012

Safe Landing

The rest of the flight was fine - on time arrival -right through immigration - baggage - shuttle - car rental - hotel  check in - in the room by 6 pm -  - time for a beer!

Halfway through the beer the stomach started again - yuk!  Finished the beer and went up to the room - I'll lie down for a bit and watch TV and then order room service - i woke up at 11:30, turned of the TV and slept until 5:30 - so much for dinner!

Early breakfast, caught up on email, check out, bank machine for cash and to Walmart (important things - body wash and Pepto Bismol!) then to PriceSmart.  Why is it that you can't go to Costco without it costing $300 - I didn't think I bought much, but it was $360.

On the highway at 11 am, and rolled into Ojochal at 2:30.  Stopped at Jucaloa for eggs (you could only buy 100 at PriceSmart) and cold beer and home just before 3:00.

Keith and Karen had invited my for dinner, so a quick unpacking and setup, shower and off to their place by 4:15.

Driving down the road, I turned the corner to killer hill and there was Dean and Michelle driving in front of me (they were joining us for dinner).  I follow along and we get to a junction in the road and they stop - Michelle gets out and waves - I ask if they are lost?! - apparently not!  they were just stopping to drop off the rotten eggs for the Pizotes!

Great company, great dinner - a great welcome home!

No comments:

Post a Comment