Saturday, July 7, 2012

Up, Up and Away


A nasty gastro bug set me flat on my back on Tuesday (not it wasn't too much partying on the weekend - Lisle was down with the same thing so the holiday weekend was pretty quiet) so Wednesday was busy wrapping up work and last minute packing.

So, up early and to the airport.  James had to go to work for 7, so dropped me at the airport at 6:30 for a 10:45 flight - you know, check in, head to the Premier Lounge for breakfast and relaxation for 3 hours and then the flight.  Well, the check-in didn't open until 7:45, so a long wait in the terminal with nothing open.  When I saw the pickup truck and two taxis arrive with 8 people and luggage I decided to start the line up at the counter.  First in line, first checked in and to security.

So in my carry on I always have my laptop, the GPS, the keys to the house (all 50 of them!), power cords, USB connectors etc. And, every time, they want to search my case after they have scanned it.  This time I put everything in containers, nicely packed - still the search - seems they honed in on the keys - maybe a different strategy next time!

Well, only 2 hours in the Premier Lounge, but for $30 you get breakfast, coffee, TV, comfy chairs, newspaper (Starbucks and something pre-wrapped downstairs is at least $17).  Finished and hit the Boarding Lounge just as they were calling the flight - 10 minutes then boarded, all on, door closed 15 minutes early - off the ground at exactly 10:45.

The plane is about 75% full - a couple of large groups and a lot of families traveling to visit family in Central America - lots of kids but at least no pets!  Only issue - the plane is freezing - I was the first to ask for a blanket, and then they came flying out - people were pulling jackets from their carry-ons - seems to have warmed now, but I guess they were anticipating the Toronto heat wave.

Fingers crossed the rest of the journey is as smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment