Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Catching Up

So I am home safe and sound.

The drive to San Jose was uneventful until I got near the hotel and found they had closed the highway from the airport to the city and all traffic was being diverted right to where I was headed!  An hour later and several detours (thank God for GPS!) I managed my way into the hotel the back way.

Checked-in, I threw myself on the bed and took a deep breath of cold air conditioned air - yuk!  I looked around and suddenly felt very closed in - I need to be outside!  so I went for a walk, and to get a beer at the hotel bar by the pool.

Soon it started to rain - lightly, then heavy, then torrential, then lightning.  I watched the bolt come down just past the hotel, in the golf course - the flash and crack were simultaneous - the ground shook - that was close!!

They have renovated the common areas of the Doubletree Cariari - much more modern - clean lines and taupe.

Good beer, good dinner,  fell asleep before I could drink the wine I had brought with me - breakfast to fill me and off to the airport.  Upgraded to Business Class, I settled into the VIP lounge with little pastries and coffee  - nice place - white pleather seats, contemporary, looking over the runway - better than the one in San Salvador - Lisle called it the Tacky Tacky Tiki Lounge!

Home is very strange - no sounds except for machines - buzzing of the lights, wooshing of the air conditioning, hum of the fans, screech of tires and the rumble of the streetcars!

Work - well that never changes - right back to where we left off!!


18 months!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment